National Startup Day
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- January 16 is observed as National Startup Day every year in India. The event is being celebrated since 2022.
About Startup India
- Launched on 16th January, 2016, the Startup India Initiative is an initiative of the Department for Industrial Policy and Promotion (DPIIT). It strives with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs, building a robust startup ecosystem and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
- Under the Startup India Initiative,the key pillars include
- Simplification and Handholding - Easier compliance, easier exit process for failed startups, legal support, fast tracking of patent applications and a website to reduce information asymmetry.
- Funding & Incentives - Exemptions on Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax for eligible startups; a fund of funds to infuse more capital into the startup ecosystem and a credit guarantee scheme.
- Incubation & Industry-Academia Partnerships - Creation of numerous incubators and innovation labs, events, competitions and grants.
National Startup Day 2023
- To celebrate the spirit of Indian startup ecosystem and mark this momentous day, DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade) is organising Startup India Innovation Week from 10th – 16th January 2023.
- As part of the 7-day long Startup-India Innovation Week, several events to reach ecosystem stakeholders and enablers are being taken up across the nation.
- Industry Focussed Webinars to learn from the enablers are to be organised.