Digital India land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP)
13th January, 2023 Economy
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Union government has informed the Supreme Court that significant progress has been made in the computerization of land ownership records.
- As per the Management Information System of Digital India land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP), out of 6,56,793 villages, Cadastral Maps have been Geo-referenced in 2,31,026 villages (35.17%) and 1,17,38,272 number of maps have been digitised.
Digital India Land Record Modernization Programme:
- The Digital India Land Record Modernization Programme(DILRMP), previously known as the National Land Record Modernization Programme(NLRMP), was launched in 2008 by the Government of India.
- The purpose was to digitize and modernize land records and develop a centralised land record management system.
- The official land records of mapped and unmapped will enable the government to give access to basic facilities and rights to the land owners.
- The DILRMP is the amalgamation of two projects: Computerisation of Land Records (CLR) and Strengthening of Revenue Administration and Updating of Land Records (SRA & ULR).