Copyright infringement not intended
Context: SCORES platform is an online system that enables investors to lodge and track their complaints against companies and market intermediaries. In June 2023, the platform resolved 3,079 complaints out of the 7,108 that were received or pending at the start of the month.
- The remaining 4,029 complaints are under process, and only 12 of them have been pending for more than three months. These 12 complaints are related to investment advisers and research analysts.
- SEBI has issued a public notice naming the eight entities that have not resolved these complaints within the stipulated time. The average time taken to resolve a complaint on SCORES was 31 days in June 2023.
- SCORES stands for Sebi Complaints Redress System, a web-based platform that was launched in June 2011.
- It enables investors to file their grievances online with SEBI, the regulator of the securities market in India, against any entity involved in the market, such as companies, intermediaries and market infrastructure institutions.
- It aims to provide a quick and effective resolution of complaints and to enhance investor protection and confidence.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI): https://www.business-standard.com/markets/news/sebi-s-scores-platform-disposes-of-3-079-complaints-in-june-data-123070800658_1.html
Q. SCORES platform is an online system that enables investors to lodge and track their complaints against companies and market intermediaries. It was launched by;
A) The Reserve Bank of India
B) The Ministry of Finance
C) The Securities and Exchange Board of India
D) The Prime Minister's Office (PMO)