Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: www.istockphoto.com
Context: The Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has launched the Malaviya Mission - Teachers Training Programme by the University Grants Commission (UGC) at Kaushal Bhawan, New Delhi. The program is aimed at enhancing the quality of education by providing specialized training for teachers in higher educational institutions.
- During the event, the Minister inaugurated the program's portal, which will serve as a platform for educators to access training resources and information. He also released the information brochure to provide details about the program's objectives and offerings.
- The Minister announced the renaming of Human Resource Development Centres (HRDCs) as Madan Mohan Malaviya Teachers’ Training Centres. This renaming is part of the broader effort to honour the contributions of Madan Mohan Malaviya to education in India.
Key Highlights of the Mission
- The Malaviya Mission - Teachers Training Programme is part of the government's efforts to improve the quality of education at all levels.
- The Malaviya Mission aims to enhance the capabilities of faculty members in higher educational institutions. It is designed to provide tailored training programs to meet the diverse needs of educators.
- The program will work towards building the capacities of 15 lakh (1.5 million) teachers in higher education institutions (HEIs) across India. It will establish 111 Malaviya Mission centres throughout the country to ensure widespread coverage.
- The program aligns with the goals of the National Education Policy (NEP) and aims to make educators future-ready, enhance the quality of teacher training, and develop leadership skills among teachers.
- Capacity building under the Malaviya Mission will be linked to a credit framework to provide career progression pathways for educators, emphasizing the importance of continuous professional development.
- The training program will focus on eight thematic areas, including Holistic and Multidisciplinary Education, Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS), Academic Leadership, Governance and Management, Higher Education and Society, Research and Development, Skill Development, Student Diversity and Inclusive Education, and Information and Communication Technology.
- The program will be conducted online, with a duration of two weeks. This format allows educators from across the country to participate and benefit from the training.
- The Malaviya Mission - Teachers Training Programme is a significant initiative to enhance the quality of higher education in India by empowering educators with specialized training and knowledge in various thematic areas. It aligns with the broader goals of educational reform and development in the country.
Must Read Articles:
MALVIYA MISSION: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/malviya-mission
MADAN MOHAN MALVIYA: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/madan-mohan-malaviya
Q. What are the key components of the ongoing education reform initiatives in India, including changes in teaching materials and methodologies? Discuss the significance of these reforms in addressing the evolving needs of students and the job market. What are the major challenges hindering the successful implementation of these reforms, and what strategies can be considered as a way forward to ensure equitable and quality education for all?