Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
14th July, 2021 Polity
- According to ICRA, funding of the program may stall the progress of the program.
About Housing for all
- The mission started in 2015 and will be attained in seven years i.e., during 2015 – 2022.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna will bring a ‘Pucca house’ for every family in urban cities with water connection, toilet facilities, 24x7 electricity supply and complete access.
- Affordable homes with water connection, toilet facilities, 24x7 electricity supply and complete access.
- 2 crore houses to be built across nation’s length and breadth
- Targeting the Lower Income Groups (LIG) and Economically Weaker Section of our society (EWS), basically the urban poor by the year 2022.
- 2 million non-slum urban poor households are proposed to be covered under the Mission.
- will work by providing central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) as well as other employed agencies through States/UTs for:
- Building onsite Rehabilitation of the existing slum- inhabitants by commencing private participation for using poor land area as a resource.
- By providing Credit Linked Subsidy
- Initiating Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Granting Subsidy to the beneficiary for individual house construction/enhancement.