17th July, 2021 Society
- Global engineering, manufacturing and technology solutions company Cyient has decided to implement a 12-week gender-neutral parental leave policy across its offices globally.
About Paternity leave in india
- It is a leave period (paid) reserved exclusively for fathers in relation to childbirth and it is granted in addition to the other annual leaves.
- No legal provision for paternity leave in India.
- All India and Central Civil Services Rules allow Central government employees with less than two surviving children 15 days of paternity leave.
- This also extends to cases where a child has been adopted.
- This could be availed up to six months from the date of delivery or adoption of the child.
- Private organisations: There isn’t any such law that mandates private sectors to provide paternity leaves to its employees.
- Certain private establishments also provide paternity leaves.