One CGIAR-integrated partnership
14th October, 2023 Environment
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has joined the One CGIAR integrated partnership.
- CGIAR (formerly the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research) is a global partnership.
- CGIAR research aims to reduce rural poverty, increase food security, improve human health and nutrition, and sustainable management of natural resources.
- It unites international organizations engaged in research about food security.
- Funding is provided by national governments, multilateral funding and development agencies and leading private foundations.
- CGIAR works to help meet the global targets laid out in the Sustainable Development Goals with an emphasis on five areas of impact:
- Nutrition, Health, and Food Security
- Poverty Reduction, Livelihoods, and Jobs
- Gender Equality, Youth, and Social Inclusion
- Climate Adaptation and Mitigation
- Environmental Health and Biodiversity
- CGIAR's mission is to deliver science and innovation that advance the transformation of food, land, and water systems in a climate crisis.
The One CGIAR reform
- The concept of a unified and integrated "One CGIAR" was approved by the CGIAR System Council (November 2019) to adapt to rapidly changing global conditions.
- The fragmented nature of CGIAR's governance and institutions had limited the System's ability to respond to increasingly interconnected challenges.
- One CGIAR includes unified governance and management through a reconstituted System Management Board and a new Executive Management Team.