24th July, 2021 Society
- Out of an allocation Rs.6212.85 crore (including Rs. 500 crore allocated to Ministry of Women and Child Development in the year Financial Year 2021-22) till date, underNirbhaya Fund, a sum of Rs. 4087.37 crore has been disbursed/ released .
About the Fund:
- The Government has set up a dedicated fund Nirbhaya Fund, which can be utilized for projects specifically designed to improve the safety and security of women.
- It is a non-lapsable corpus fund, being administered by Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance.
- As per the guidelines, the responsibility of Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) includes
- (i) nodal Ministry to appraise/ recommend proposals and schemes to be funded under Nirbhaya Fund
- (ii) to review and monitor the progress of sanctioned schemes/ projects in conjunction with the line Ministries/Departments.