NATIONAL DENTAL COMMISSION BILL
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The National Dental Commission Bill, 2023 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the government.
National Dental Commission Bill 2023
- The National Dental Commission Bill 2023 aims to establish a National Dental Commission (NDC) that will replace the Dentists Act 1948 and regulate dental education and practice in the country.
- It seeks to make dental education more affordable and accessible and to ensure quality oral healthcare for all.
- The structure of the dental commission will be similar to that of the National Medical Commission, which replaced the Medical Council of India.
National Nursing and Midwifery Commission Bill 2023
- The National Nursing and Midwifery Commission Bill, 2023 was also introduced in the Lok Sabha by the government. It intends to set up a National Nursing and Midwifery Commission (NNMC) that will repeal the Indian Nursing Council Act 1947.
- The Bill aims to regulate and maintain standards of education and services by nursing and midwifery professionals assess institutions, and maintain a national register as well as state registers.
Must Read Articles:
NATIONAL MEDICAL COMMISSION BILL 2022: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/national-medical-commission-bill-2022