Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) system
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Karnataka Forest Department, along with the Wildlife Trust of India, has launched the Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) system.
- Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) is Cloud Based Information Management System.
- It is designed to manage interlinked databases of wildlife crime, wildlife criminals, and wildlife mortality.
- It will help officials analyze the information and develop actionable intelligence to prevent wildlife crimes. and curb Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT).
- The system also has dedicated modules to manage entire documentation procedures regarding these cases.
- The system connects the entire state forest department in real-time and the access is restricted through access levels.
- The HAWK system is a large ERP model cloud-based system that uses mobile and desktop interfaces to manage data.
- The entire HAWK system is divided into various modules which are interconnected with individual stand-alone functions. This enables the system to be scaled up or down as per the need of the state forest department and ensure customization opportunity for each state to accommodate the changes in procedures and also to accommodate the interface in regional language.
- All the data managed by the HAWK system is secured with the government and industry-standard security measures are applied to ensure data security.
- A dedicated development and training team takes care of the system development and staff trainings across the target state to support smooth implementation of the system.
- The development of HAWK started in 2017 in the state of Kerala by a joint team of Kerala Forest Department & Wildlife Trust of India.
- The system was officially launched in 2019 in Kerala and since then it is the official system of the state forest department.
- The implementation of a customized version of HAWK initiated in 2022 in Karnataka in partnership with the ICT cell of Karnataka Forest Department and the system is being implemented across the state.
Q. Recently, Hostile Activity Watch Kernel (HAWK) was in the news. What is it?
1) Cloud Based Information Management System
2) Internet of Things (IoT) Security
3) Critical Infrastructure Security System
4) Managed Detection and Response Service (MDR)
Which of the above option is correct?
Answer: A) 1