Cyber Safety of Women and Children
24th July, 2021 Society
- Government has highlighted steps taken for cyber safety of women and children.
- The Government has launched the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (www.cybercrime.gov.in) to enable public to report incidents pertaining to all types of cyber crimes, with a special focus on cyber-crimes against women and children.
- A toll-free number 155260 has been operationalised to assist lodging of online cyber complaints.
- The Government has established Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) to provide a framework and eco-system for LEAs to deal with the cyber-crimes in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- the Central Government supplements the initiatives of the State Governments through advisories and financial assistance.
- The Central Government also takes measures such as issuance of alerts/ advisories, capacity building/ training of law enforcement personnel/ prosecutors/ judicial officers, improving cyber forensic facilities and spreading awareness about cybercrimes.
- The National Commission for Women (NCW), has organised webinars and consultations with stakeholders during the year 2020-21 to sensitize them on this issu
- Similarly, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has reviewed and compiled the existing literature (guidelines/handbooks) on cyber safety brought out by different Departments/ Organizations along with the legal provisions regarding online safety with the objective of providing a comprehensive overview of different aspects of cyber safety.