CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES (AMENDMENT) BILL 2023
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: DD India
Context: The Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2023 is a piece of legislation that seeks to amend the Central Universities Act, 2009.
- The Central Universities Act 2009 was enacted to establish and incorporate universities for teaching and research in various states across India.
- The amendment proposed by this bill specifically aims to establish a new Central Tribal University in Telangana.
- The Central Tribal University will be named 'Sammakka Sarakka Central Tribal University.' This indicates a focus on tribal communities in the region.
- The primary objective of the bill is to provide avenues for higher education and research facilities, particularly catering to the tribal population of India. This aligns with the broader goal of improving educational opportunities and outcomes for marginalized communities.
- The Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2023, is centred around the establishment of a Central Tribal University in Telangana to provide higher education and research opportunities for the tribal population.
Q. What are the primary challenges faced by the Indian education system in providing equal opportunities for quality education across different socio-economic backgrounds?