USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The US announced that the nuclear-powered USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (CSG) has been directed to move to the Eastern Mediterranean.
- This region is right next to the ongoing conflict between Israel and the militant organization Hamas.
- USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) is a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
- It is currently in service with the United States Navy.
- Commissioned in 1977, the ship is the second of the ten Nimitz-class aircraft carriers currently in service.
- It is the first ship named after the 34th President of the United States and General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower participated in the Gulf War in the 1990s.
- It also took part in support of S. military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Q. Consider the following statements:
1. USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
2. It is the first ship named after the President of France.
3. The ship is the second of the ten Nimitz-class aircraft carriers.
How many of the above statements are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: B) Only 2
Statement 2 is incorrect.