Maritime Infrastructure Perspective Plan (MIPP)
5th September, 2023 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Navy is seeking to accelerate infrastructure along the coast and on Indian island territories as part of a major push to increase its operational preparedness and surveillance capabilities.
- A new plan that seeks to implement this infrastructure push – called the Maritime Infrastructure Perspective Plan (MIPP) – has been finalized by the Navy.
- The plan looks into all aspects of the induction of assets for all platforms, aircraft carriers, and submarines into the Navy and will go up to 2027. This plan will ensure training infrastructure is in sync with the induction of assets.
- It aims to synchronise and enmesh the infrastructure requirements of the Navy over the next 15 years through a comprehensive perspective plan model.
- The Plan Document is aligned with the GoI vision on the creation of sustainable infrastructure and encompasses salient compliance with broader policy directives on the PM Gati Shakti Project, Disaster Resilience, and Transition to Net Zero, among others.