EXERCISE SEA DRAGON
17th March, 2023 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
Context: A P8I aircraft of the Indian Navy arrived at Guam, USA to participate in ‘Exercise Sea Dragon 23’, the third edition of the coordinated multi-lateral ASW exercise for Long Range MR ASW aircraft, conducted by the US Navy.
- The complexity and scope of these exercises has increased steadily over the past years to include advanced ASW drills.
- Ex Sea Dragon 23 will test the capabilities of participating aircraft in tracking simulated and live underwater targets, whilst also sharing mutual expertise.
- The Exercise would witness representation by an Indian Navy P8I, along with P8A of the US Navy, P1 from the Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force, CP 140 from the Royal Canadian Air Force and P3C from the RoKN.
- The Exercise aims to achieve high levels of synergy and coordination between the friendly navies, which is based on their shared values and commitment to an open, inclusive Indo-Pacific.
- Participating nation:Six Indo-Pacific nations participated in a multi-lateral anti-submarine warfare exercise that includes navies of India, Australia, America, Canada, Japan and South Korea.
- Purpose:Anti-submarine warfare training and excellence.
Q) Which of the following statements is/are correct with reference to Exercise Sea Dragon?
a. It is a multi-lateral exercise conducted by the US Navy.
b. The exercise has been held annually.
Answer: Option 1