WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
6th June, 2022 Environment
Copyright infringement not intended
- All the policies introduced by the Centre over the last eight years have enabled environmental protection in some way, PM Modi said at an event organised by Isha Foundation.
- On the occasion of World Environment Day, PM Modi hosted a session on ‘crafting a conscious planet’ with Sadhguru.
- The Centre is set to launch a global initiative called ‘LiFE Movement’. The movement was first introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the COP26 climate change summit in Glasgow, this year.
- The World Environment Day is observed every year on 5th June.
- World Environment Day was established in 1972 by the UN General Assembly at the time of Stockholm Conference.
- World Environment Day was first celebrated in the year 1974.
- This day has created a platform to raise an awareness that the world is facing the problem such as air pollution, plastic pollution, global warming and sea level increasing day by day.
- In the year 2022, Sweden is the host of world environment day.
- The theme of World Environment Day this year is ' Only One Earth'. All official events will be organized in Sweden.
- The idea of the theme of ' Only One Earth' is to focus on the world's togetherness in the direction of creating the atmosphere conducive for peace, harmony, prosperity and health by saving the nature and life.
- The policy of the theme is to create and adopt a lifestyle which should be pollution free and full of green land. The moto is still the same as it was 50 years ago to protect the mother nature. This planet is our only home and we need to save it for upcoming generations.