GS PAPER III: Indian Economy and issues relating to Planning, Mobilization of Resources, Growth, Development and Employment.
Context: Patented ‘village rice’ from Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur district exported to Ghana, Yemen.
- This variety's unique feature is enriched with protein, fibre, and various minerals.
- Iron-rich “red rice” is grown in the Brahmaputra valley of Assam without using any chemical fertilizer.
- The rice variety is referred to as “Bao-dhaan”, an integral part of the Assamese food.
- It is the nodal agency for agricultural and processed food exports in the country.
- It is working with various stakeholders such as farmers, entrepreneurs, exporters and importers across the globe to harness India’s exports potential.