TTPS (TACTICS, TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES)-BASED CYBERCRIME INVESTIGATION FRAMEWORK
14th September, 2023 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement intended.
- A new cybercrime investigation tool would soon be able to track cyberattacks targeting humans, like insurance fraud, online matrimonial fraud, and so on.
- The tool called TTPs (tactics, techniques and procedures)-based cybercrime investigation framework can help in tracking and classifying cybercrimes identifying the chain of evidence required to solve the case, and mapping evidence onto the framework to convict criminals.
- The technology can create an approximate crime execution path and suggest a crime path based on user derived set of keywords.
- It can also compare modus operandi (Mode of Operation) used in different crimes manage user roles and track activity for crime paths.
- The TTPs-based investigation framework could be highly effective as it restricts the numbers of forms and methods the investigation can be conducted and primarily relies on criminals’ TTPs.
- This leads to precise and rapid conviction of cybercriminals.
- Implementation of the developed cybercrime investigation framework and tool, which is now ready for deployment with the police, cybercriminals can be tracked and convicted easily, reducing cybercrime activities throughout the country.