Renewable energy capacity installed in the country
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended
- As of June 2023, India has 176.49 GW renewable energy capacity installed as informed by Union Power & NRE Minister Shri R. K. Singh.
- In Feb 2023 the total installed capacity was 168.96 GW.
Other Details (important sources of renewable energy)
- Wind power: 42.6 GW
- Solar Power: 66.7 GW
- Biomass/Co-generation: 10.2 GW
- Small Hydro Power: 4.94 GW
- Waste To Energy: 0.55 GW
- Large Hydro: 46.85 GW
- Rest sources are nuclear, tidal power, geo-thermal energy etc.
- 100% Foreign Direct Investment is allowed under the automatic route.
- Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS) charges are waived for the inter-state sale of solar and wind power.
- Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO).
- Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Parks are set up with an aim to provide land and transmission to RE developers for the installation of RE projects at large scale.
- Schemes like PM- KUSUM, Solar Rooftop Phase II, 12000 MW CPSU Scheme etc.
- Green Energy Corridor Scheme.
- Standards for the deployment of solar photovoltaic systems/devices are notified.
- Project Development Cell for promoting investment.
- Standard Bidding Guidelines – for a healthy and competitive bidding process.
- Green Energy Open Access Rules 2022.
- The Electricity (Late Payment Surcharge and related matters) Rules (LPS rules).
- Green Term Ahead Market launch - to facilitate the sale of Renewable Energy Power through exchanges.
- National Green Hydrogen Mission - to make India a global hub in it.
Must Read Article:
Renewable energy advantages and disadvantages;
Govt. initiatives and related schemes and
Other details –
Consider the following statements about the Status of Renewable energy in India:
1. The total installed capacity as of June end 2023 is more than 175 GW.
2. Energy generated from the solar means (Solar power) contributes maximum to the renewable energy metric.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2