“Nomadic Elephant – 2023”
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- India-Mongolia joint military exercise “Nomadic Elephant – 2023” to commence at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Exercise NOMADIC ELEPHANT
- Exercise NOMADIC ELEPHANT is an annual training event with Mongolia which is conducted alternatively in Mongolia and India.
- The aim of this exercise is to build positive military relations, exchange best practices, develop inter-operability, bonhomie, camaraderie and friendship between the two armies.
- The scope of this exercise involves Platoon level Field Training Exercise (FTX).
- During the exercise, Indian and Mongolian troops engage in various training activities designed to enhance their skills and capabilities. These activities include endurance training, reflex firing, room intervention, small team tactics and rock craft training. Soldiers from both sides will learn from each other’s operational experience.
- India and Mongolia have a shared commitment to regional security and cooperation.
- Exercise NOMADIC ELEPHANT-23 will be yet another significant milestone in the defence cooperation between the Indian Army and Mongolian Army which will further foster bilateral relations between the two nations.
Nomadic Elephant – 2023 Edition
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 43 personnel left for Mongolia.
- The contingent will participate in the 15th edition of the bilateral joint military exercise “NOMADIC ELEPHANT-23”.
- The exercise is scheduled to be conducted at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 17 to 31 July 2023.
- Soldiers of the Mongolian Armed Forces Unit 084 from and Indian Army soldiers from the JAMMU AND KASHMIR LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment will be participating in the exercise.
- The primary theme of the exercise will focus on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain under United Nations mandate.
Q. Match the following:
A. 1-a, 2-d, 3-c, 4-a
B. 1-c, 2-a, 3-d, 4-b
C. 1-c, 2-d, 3-a, 4-b
D. 1-c, 2-a, 3-b, 4-d