Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- INS Sagardhwani embarked on a two-month-long Sagar Maitri (SM) Mission-4.
- INS Sagardhwani (A74) is a marine acoustic research ship (MARS).
- It is owned by the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), a DRDO laboratory.
- It is maintained and operated by the Indian Navy, and based at Southern Naval Command, Kochi.
- The ship was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers, Kolkata.
Launch and Commissioning
- It was launched in May 1991, and commissioned in 1994.
- The vessel is designed to facilitate low noise and low vibration while carrying out acoustic programs.
- It has floating floors for scientific laboratories, anti-vibration mountings for machinery and equipment, balloon launching containers, and wind weather radar to carry out those experiments.
- It is also equipped with VHF sets, marine radio, and auto telephone exchange.
Q. Consider the following statements:
1. INS Sagardhwani is a marine acoustic research ship.
2. The vessel is designed to facilitate low noise and low vibration while carrying out acoustic programs.
3. It is equipped with marine radio and auto telephone exchange.
How many of the above statements are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: C) All 3