Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- An almost 20-year-old warship, INS Beas, will now get a mid-life upgrade and be "re-powered".
- INS Beas (F37) is a Brahmaputra-class frigate of the Indian Navy.
- She was built at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata.
Design and Construction
- The design and construction of the ship is entirely Indian and is a modification of the Godavari-class frigate.
- She is fitted with an array of modern sensor suites and matching weapon systems.
- INS Beas is the first of Brahmaputra-class anti-submarine warfare frigates that will be re-powered from steam to diesel propulsion.
- After completion of the mid-life upgrade and re-powering by 2026, INS Beas will re-join the Navy's active fleet with a modernized weapon suite and upgraded combat capability.
The Brahmaputra-class frigates (Type 16A or Project 16A) are guided-missile frigates of the Indian Navy, designed and built in India. They are an enhancement of the Godavari class, with a displacement of 3850 tons and a length of 126 meters.
Q. Consider the following statements:
1. INS Beas (F37) is a Brahmaputra-class frigate of the Indian Navy.
2. It is a modification of the Godavari-class frigate.
3. It is the first of Brahmaputra-class anti-submarine warfare frigates that will be re-powered from steam to diesel propulsion.
How many of the above statements are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: C) All 3