FUTURE INVESTMENT INITIATIVE
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: www.aramcoexpats.com
Context: The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry attended the 7th Edition of Future Investment Initiative (FII) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from October 24th to 25th, 2023.
About Future Investment Initiative
- The Future Investment Initiative (FII) serves as a global platform fostering dialogue and collaboration among leaders from diverse sectors, including business, government, academia, and civil society, to address the opportunities and challenges shaping the 21st-century world economy.
- It was launched in 2017 by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. Since then, the FII has hosted 7 editions in Riyadh, attracting over 10,000 participants from more than 140 countries.
- It focuses on key themes such as innovation, sustainability, technology, health, education, culture, and social impact.
- It showcases the latest developments and trends in various sectors and industries, such as energy, finance, tourism, entertainment, sports, and media.
- It provides a platform for networking, partnerships, and investments that can drive positive change and growth.
Must Read Articles:
India-Saudi Arabia Strategic Partnership Council: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/india-saudi-arabia-strategic-partnership-council
Q. What are the key aspects and recent developments in the bilateral relationship between India and Saudi Arabia, and how do these collaborations impact the political, economic, and cultural ties between the two nations?