EX BOLD KURUKSHETRA
15th March, 2023 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
Context: The Singapore Army and Indian Army participated in the 13th edition of Exercise Bold Kurukshetra, a bilateral armour exercise at Jodhpur Military Station, India.
- For the first time in the exercise series, both armies participated in a command post Exercise, which involved Battalion and Brigade level planning elements and computer wargaming.
- Hosted by the Indian Army, the exercise involved soldiers from the 42nd Battalion, Singapore Armoured Regiment and an Armoured Brigade of Indian Army.
- The ten-day long joint training fostered common understanding of mechanised warfare in emerging threats and evolving technologies, developing inter-operability through a computer simulation-based Wargame using joint operational and tactical procedures controlled through a joint command post.
- Both contingents not only learnt about each other’s operating drills and procedure, but also exchanged ideas and best practices being followed in a modern combat zone.
- Exercise Bold Kurukshetra is conducted under the ambit of the bilateral arrangement for the joint Army Training and exercises between the Singapore Army and the Indian Army.
- First conducted in 2005, this exercise underscores the strong and long-standing bilateral defence relationship between both countries and enhances cooperation between the two armies.
- Both defence establishments also interact regularly through high-level visits, policy dialogues, courses and other professional exchanges.
Q) Which of the following statements is/are correct with reference to Ex Bold Kurukshetra?
a. It is a bilateral armour exercise between India and Nepal
b. First conducted in 2005, this exercise underscores the strong and long-standing bilateral defence relationship between both countries.
Answer: Option 2