India-US Homeland Security Dialogue
Copyright infringement is not intended
Context: India and U.S. review cooperation in counterterrorism and cyber security at a virtual Homeland Security Dialogue.
Highlights of the meet:
- Other issues were identified that can be taken to explore opportunities and synergies in advancing security cooperation.
- Ways to secure critical infrastructure and global supply chains, maritime security, aviation security, customs enforcement and trade security were discussed.
India-U.S. Counter-Terrorism and Internal Security cooperation
- Cooperation in counter-terrorism has seen considerable progress with intelligence sharing, information exchange, operational cooperation, counter-terrorism technology and equipment.
- Zero tolerance for terrorism:
- Both sides have called for strict action against all terrorist groups, including the Al-Qaeda, ISIS, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizbul Mujahideen, the Haqqani Network, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, D-Company, and all their affiliates.
- Both United Nations and the United States, designated Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed as global terrorist.
Recent developments in India-U.S. cooperation in counter-terrorism