Ensuring equal access to education
23rd July, 2021 Society
- Recently , government has highlighted steps it took to ensure equal access to education.
- A comprehensive initiative called PMeVidya has been started which aims to unify all efforts related to digital/online/on-air education to enable multi-mode access to education.
- The initiative includes all forms of digital modes to provide wide access - DIKSHA (online), SWAYAM (online), SWAYAM PRABHA (TV), other TV Channels including use of Doordarshan and AIR Networks.
- Further, PRAGYATA guidelines were issued to States/UTs to facilitate continued education through various modes.
- The guidelines inter-alia include situations where internet connectivity is not available or available with very less bandwidth, these resources are shared through various platforms like television, radio etc that do not depend on internet.
- An Alternate Academic Calendar has been prepared for learning solutions for grade 1 to 12 for both children with and without device.
- Besides these, community radio, worksheets & textbooks supplied to residence of learners, home visits by teachers, community classes, toll free numbers, SMS based requests for audio content, localised radio content for edutainment etc have been used.