Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (TEDBF)
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The TEDBF represents a pivotal leap in India’s naval aviation endeavours.
- The HAL Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (TEDBF) is a canard delta wing, twin-engine, carrier-based, multirole combat aircraft currently under development for the Indian Navy.
Design and Manufacture
- The TEDBF is being designed and developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), and will be manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- The TEDBF is intended to perform a multitude of missions, including air supremacy, air interdiction, anti-access/area denial (A2/AD), anti-ship warfare (ASW) and electronic warfare (EW) missions.
- The design's twin engines are expected to allow shorter take-offs from the Indian Navy’s Short Take-Off Barrier Arrested Recovery (STOBAR) aircraft carriers.
- As a dedicated deck-based fighter, it will feature foldable wings for more compact storage.
- The TEDBF will predominantly be equipped with indigenous weapons systems.
Q. As the Indian Navy seeks to bolster its carrier-based air power, the Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (TEDBF’s) evolving design ensures that it will meet the Navy’s specific operational needs and contribute to the country’s defence preparedness. Justify.