Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 16th Foundation Day.
- The National Disaster Response Force(NDRF) is an Indian specialized force constituted "for the purpose of special response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster" under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is under the National Disaster Management Authority.
The "Apex Body for Disaster Management" in India is the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). The Chairman of the NDMA is the Prime Minister.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is a force of 16 battalions, organized on para-militarylines, and manned by persons on deputation from the para-military forces of India: three Border Security Force, three Central Reserve Police Force, two Central Industrial Security Force, two Indo-Tibetan Border Police, two Sashastra Seema Bal and one of the Assam Rifles.
- The total strength of each battalion is approximately 1149. Each battalion is capable of providing 18 self-contained specialist search and rescue teams of 45 personnel each including engineers, technicians, electricians, dog squadsand medical/paramedics.
- The aim of the National Disaster Management Authority is to build a safer and disaster resilient India by developing a holistic, proactive, multi-disaster and technology driven strategy for disaster management.
- This has to be achieved through a culture of prevention, mitigationand preparedness to generate a prompt and efficient response at the time of disasters.
- This national vision inter alia, aims at inculcating a culture of preparednessamong all stakeholders.
- NDRF has proved its efficacy with its commendable performance during various disasters including the drowning cases, building collapses, landslides, devastating floodsand Cyclones.