National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR)
9th March, 2023 Disaster and Management
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Prime Minister Modi ji will inaugurate 3rdSession of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) at Vigyan Bhawan on 10th March, 2023.
- Jointly organized by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), and National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), the NPDRR will comprise four Plenary Sessions, one Ministerial Session, and eight Thematic Sessions.
- NPDRR is a multi-stakeholders National Platform where all stakeholders get together to share knowledge, experiences, views and ideas, and discuss the latest developments and trends in disaster risk reduction (DRR).
- They also identify gaps, make recommendations, and forge partnerships to further accelerate disaster risk reduction efforts.
Theme of NPDRR:
- The theme of the third Session of NPDRR is “Building Local Resilience in a Changing Climate”.
- This theme is aligned with the 10-Point Agenda promulgated by the Prime Minister of India, to build local capacities, especially in the context of a rapidly changing disaster risk scenario in the wake of climate change.
Prime Minister’s 10 Point Agenda on Disaster Risk Reduction:
Must Read Article: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/disaster-management
MAINS PRACTICE QUESTION
Q. India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disasters on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions. Throw light on the steps being taken to manage disasters in India including PM’s 10-point agenda.