INDIA’S STAND ON THE ISRAEL-PALESTINE ISSUE
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- India has issued a statement on the Palestine issue.
- This was after the Palestinian group Hamas launched rocket attacks on Israel.
- India has said it supports the establishment of a sovereign, independent, and viable state of Palestine.
- India always advocated for direct negotiations.
- These negotiations should target establishing a sovereign, independent, and viable state of Palestine.
- Palestine needs to stay within secure and recognized borders, side by side at peace with Israel.
- There was a universal obligation to observe international humanitarian law.
- Also, there is a global responsibility to fight the menace of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
MUST READ ARTICLE: https://iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/israel-hamas-conflict