Bilateral talks between US President and Indian PM
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Joe Biden held bilateral talks on the sidelines of the G20 Summit.
Highlights of the Bilateral Talks
- They discussed numerous topics that will further economic and people-to-people linkages between India and USA. The friendship between our nations will continue to play a great role in furthering global good.
- PM Modi and President Biden reaffirmed their commitment to G20 and expressed confidence that the outcomes of the summit will advance shared goals.
- The two world leaders reaffirmed their commitment to deepen and diversify the India-US Major Defence Partnership through expanded cooperation in new and emerging domains such as space and AI.
- PM Modi and President Biden reaffirmed technology’s defining role in deepening the strategic partnership between the two nations and lauded ongoing efforts on Critical and Emerging Technology (CET) to build open, accessible, secure, and resilient technology ecosystems and value chains.
- PM Modi and President Biden reaffirmed the importance of the Quad in supporting a free, open, inclusive, and resilient Indo-Pacific.
- PM Modi and President Biden welcomed intensified consultations between the relevant entities on both sides to expand opportunities for facilitating India-US collaboration in nuclear energy.
Q. India and the US have created a lot of opportunities to reinvigorate bilateral ties and enhance cooperation under the motto --- “Chalein Saath Saath: Forward Together We Go”. But there are certain questions to be answered. What have been the various phases of the relationship between these two countries? How far have we come in terms of our bilateral strategic cooperation? What have been the sticking points? What is the future of the Indo-US relationship in this changing strategic landscape? Analyse.