16th March, 2023 Defence
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
Context: Indian Navy’s major Operational level exercise TROPEX for the year 2023, conducted across the expanse of IOR over a duration of four months from Nov 22 - Mar 23, culminated this week in the Arabian Sea.
- The overall exercise construct included Coastal Defence exercise Sea Vigil and the Amphibious Exercise AMPHEX.
- Together, these exercises also witnessed significant participation from the Indian Army, the Indian Air Force and the Coast Guard.
- Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX) is an inter-service military exercise involving the participation of the Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and the Coast Guard.
- The exercise generally commences at the beginning of each year and lasts a month.
- It is generally carried out in three phrases: independent workup phase, joint workup phase and tactical phase.
- The exercise is designed to test the combat readiness of the Indian naval units, as well as the Indian Air Force, Indian Army and the Indian Coast Guard.
- It also seeks to strengthen interoperability and joint operations in a complex environment.
- Beginning in 2005, the exercise has been held annually, with the exception of 2016 and 2018.
Q) Which of the following statements is/are correct with reference to TROPEX?
a. It is an inter-service military exercise involving the participation of the Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and the Coast Guard.
b. The exercise has been held annually.
Answer: Option 3