SRI RAMANUJACHARYA JAYANTI
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Sri Ramanujacharya on his Jayanti.
- Sri Ramanujacharya Jayanti commemorates the birthday of Ramanujacharya who was considered as a South Indian philosopher and thinker and that’s why this day has a greatest significance among South Indian people.
- This year, it is going to be 1006th birth anniversary of Sri Ramanujacharya.
- This day has a great significance among South Indian community people.
- Sri Ramanuja Acharya was born to mother Kanthimathi and father Asuri kesava somayaji at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu in 1017 CE and left his body and merged with the Supreme Soul in 1137 CE at Srirangamin.
- Ramanuja was originally known as Lakshamana but later came to be known as Ramanuja.
- He was a South Indian Brahmin and a great devotional thinker of Hinduism.
- He was a great devotee of Lord Vishnu and dedicated all his life to worship Lord Vishnu as he was a follower of Vaishnavism.
- He followed a path of bhakti and became monk.
- Ramanujacharya organized temple worship and founded centers to propagate the devotion of Lord Vishnu and his consort Shri or Mahalakshmi.
- He played a major role towards Vaishnavism tradition and Bhakti movement.
Life as a priest
- The renowned philosopher Sri Ramanuja Acharya studied Advaita vedanta in Kanchipuram.
- After finishing his studies, he became a priest in Vardharaja Perumal Temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Ramanuja Acharya was always against discrimination and he revolted against the discrimination on the basis of caste and even helped the people to follow the Vaishnavism and Bhakti movement.
- He created his own teachings written several books and his major works are :-
- Vedartha Sangraha
- Sri Bhashya
- Bhagwat Gita Bhashya.
Q) Sri Ramanujacharya played a major role towards Vaishnavism tradition and Bhakti movement. Elaborate. (150 words)