PRADHAN MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR
24th January, 2023 POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
Copyright infringement not intended
- Indian President has awarded the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar to 11 children at an Award ceremony in Delhi on 23rd January 2023.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar was awarded to children for their exceptional achievements.
- The awards are conferred to children in the age group of 5 to 18 years, for their excellence in 6 categories;
- Art and Culture
- Social Service
- Each awardee is given a medal, a cash prize of one lakh rupees and a Certificate.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar:
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (Prime Minister's National Award for Children) is a civilian honour in India.
- The award has two categories:
- Bal Shakti Puraskar; It is awarded to citizens under the age of 18 for outstanding achievement in innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts and culture, bravery, or sports.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar; It is awarded to individuals or organizations that have made outstanding contributions to child development, child protection, or child welfare.
- It is administered by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It is conferred by the President of India in the week preceding Republic Day, 26 January in the Durbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.