NATIONAL VOTERS’ DAY
25th January, 2023 POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
Copyright infringement not intended
- The Election Commission of India celebrated 25th January 2023 as the 13th National Voters’ Day.
- To mark the foundation day of the Election Commission of India (25th January 1950), National Voters’ Day is celebrated on 25th January every year Since 2011.
- The main objective is to create electoral awareness amongst citizens and encourage them to participate in the electoral process.
- National Voters' Day is celebrated at the national, state, district, constituency and polling booth levels.
- The theme for National Voters’ Day 2023 is ‘Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for Sure’.
- On this occasion, a logo was designed to showcase the festivity and inclusivity of the electoral process.
- Ashoka Chakra in the background represents the largest democracy in the world.
- The inked finger represents the participation of every voter in the country.
- The tick mark in the logo stands for informed decision-making by the voter.
- During the event, the President presented the National Awards for the year 2022.
- National Awards for the Best Electoral Practices were presented to State and District level officers for their outstanding performance in the conduct of elections during 2022.
- National Awards were also given to important stakeholders like government departments and media organizations for their valuable contribution towards voters’ awareness.
- An ECI song- “Main Bharat Hoon- Hum Bharat Ke Matdata Hain” produced by ECI in association with Subhash Ghai Foundation was screened during the event.