INDIAN INSTITUTE OF HERITAGE
20th July, 2021 Culture
- The government has decided to set up the ‘Indian Institute of Heritage’ at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
- The Institute is being set up as Deemed to be University by integrating
- Institute of Archaeology (Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology),
- School of Archival Studies under National Archives of India, New Delhi,
- the National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC), Lucknow,
- National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and
- Museology (NMICHM) andAcademic Wing of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- These shall become various schools of Institute. Indian Institute of Heritage will be a world-class university that would focus on the conservation and research in India’s rich tangible heritage, while offering research, development and dissemination of knowledge associated with heritage.