Honey Mission Program
23rd July, 2021 Agriculture
- Under the Honey Mission programme of KVIC, it is proposed to form 08 Self Help Groups benefitting 80 beekeepers in the Bundelkhand Region in the financial year 2021-22.
- The Honey Mission Programme was launched by Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), under the Ministry of MSME, during 2017-18.
- It is being implemented to promote Bee Keeping activities and provide self-sustaining employment opportunities among farmers, Adivasies and unemployed youth in rural India, especially in economically backward and remote areas.
- Under the programme, beneficiaries are provided with Bee Boxes, live bee colonies, tool kits and training.
- Under National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM) scheme under Ministry of Agriculture, scientific beekeeping is promoted for holistic growth of the sector, leading to income and employment generation, livelihood support to farm and non-farm households.
- Besides, under ‘A Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries’ (SFURTI) implemented by the Ministry of MSME, traditional beekeepers are provided with sustainable employment by organizing them into clusters, and supporting them with new machineries and training.