Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC)
1st November, 2023 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The fourth edition of the Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) was hosted by the Indian Navy from 29 – 31 Oct 23 under the aegis of the Naval War College, Goa.
- Creating common ground to tackle maritime threats in the Indian Ocean Region.
- Twelve countries from the region will participate in the three-day conclave.
- At the conclave, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral R Hari Kumar will join his counterparts from Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Maldives, and Thailand.
- The theme for this conclave is converting common maritime priorities into “collaborative mitigating frameworks” for the Indian Ocean Region.
- The deliberations will also focus on the formulation of a common multi-lateral maritime strategy and protocols for nations to collectively mitigate maritime threats and challenges.
- The naval chiefs and the representatives of the participating nations will discuss the prospects of joint training programs.
- As part of the conclave, visiting dignitaries will get a glimpse of Indian naval warships as well as the capabilities of the Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel.
- The Goa Maritime Conclave continues to strive to find regional solutions to the security challenges in the Indian Ocean Region and fulfil its quest of becoming an outcome-oriented forum.