ALL INDIA PRESIDING OFFICERS’ CONFERENCE
10th January, 2023 POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
Copyright infringement not intended
- The Vice President of India to address the inaugural session of the 83rd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference in Jaipur on 11th January 2023.
- The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference (AIPOC) is the apex body of the Legislatures in India that completed its hundred years in 2021.
- The first Conference was also held in Shimla in 1921.
- The upcoming will focus on;
- The leadership of India in G-20 as the mother of democracy.
- The need to make Parliament and Legislature more Effective, Accountable and Productive.
- Integration of State Legislatures with Digital Parliament.
- The need to maintain a harmonious relationship between the Legislature and the Judiciary in accordance with the spirit of the Constitution.