9th September, 2022 EXTRA TOPIC OF THE DAY
Copyright infringement not intended
- Flight tests of the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system were performed from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur, Odisha coast.
- The flight tests were conducted by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Army.
- The tests were carried out against high-speed aerial targets parodying various types of threats to evaluate the capability of the weapon systems under diverse scenarios.
- The performance was also evaluated under day and night operation scenarios. The performance has been demonstrated from the data captured by several Range instruments like Telemetry, Radar and Electro-Optical Tracking Systems (EOTS).
- The QRSAM weapon system can operate on the move with search and track capability and fire on short halt.