UPSC has increased the number of questions which are asked from Yojana and Kurukshetra magazines, especially in GS paper 2 and 3. Also, in prelims, UPSC directly asks question from PIB.
Importance of Yojana and Kurukshetra
Importance of PIB
But should aspirants cover Yojana, Kurukshetra and PIB? The answer is NO. Reasons:
- If you consider all the pages of Yojana, Kurukshetra and PIB , it will be around 500. It is time consuming and almost impossible to cover along with standard books
- Many of the articles, facts etc. are not relevant from the exam perspective
- They carry a lot of repetitive information
- Not possible to revise these
Solution: Read the summary of Yojana, Kurukshetra and PIB. Reasons for it:
- Only most relevant topics for exam are covered in the Magazine
- Articles are comprehensively covered
- Articles are broken in answer writing format for easy remembrance of aspirants
- Saving of time and efforts for aspirants which can be used to prepare other topics of UPSC
- Easy to revise multiple times for memorization of facts, data and examples
Apti Plus Summary of these magazines are one of the best as it not only provides the relevant information but also it is presented in a simple and lucid language for easy memorization.