Rajya Sabha TV or RSTV is a public broadcaster which telecasts proceedings of the Upper House of the Indian Parliament and hosts various shows. The shows on Rajya Sabha TV deal with the social, political, cultural and economic issues in the country. The RSTV programs are informative and present multiple perspectives on the issues in the news. With more and more focus on current affairs in the IAS exam, even conventionally ‘static portions’ of the UPSC Syllabus require an updated knowledge base. Along with this, the “All India Radio” broadcast most significant programs daily which are useful for IAS Examination. The new, Spotlight, Countrywide are some of the important programs. In this program, which keeps running for 15 minutes every day, one topic will be taken up for debate with an expert on the corresponding subjective matter. If aspirants can spend 15 minutes on heeding those debates every day, their memory will be improved and thought process will be enriched.
RSTV shows important for UPSC IAS exam preparation are:
- The Big Picture – a daily (weekdays) show on a topic of national or international importance, Desh deshantar provides the same topic discussion in hindi.
- India’s World – a weekly show on World Affairs related to India
- Policy Watch – a weekly show on Economic policies (Also, ‘State of the Economy’)
- World Panorama – a weekly show on the issues in news around the world
- Law of the land- discussion on bills
- Science monitor- information on science and technology across the world(important for
- Main bhi bharat- especially for anthropology optional
As UPSC Mains has essay-descriptive type questions, these RSTV discussions can be of big help. However, merely watching the Rajya Sabha TV shows is not enough and candidates need to make notes and align the same with the UPSC syllabus. Here our summary of all the important news covered comes handy for aspirants. They can read just the summary to get insight of all the key topics being discussed.
The below-listed programs in All India radio will be helpful for UPSC IAS Exam preparation.
Spotlight-It is the best part of All India Radio. It is in a question-answer presentation and highlights a journalist and a subject expert. It is a great add on to the editorials in the newspaper.
Current Affairs-On Tuesday it covers economics and on Friday current affairs and so on. 50% of the content is covered in English and remaining in Hindi.
Money Talk- Tuesdays at 9:30 pm Money Talk Weekly Broadcast Programme.
Countrywide- Thursdays at 9:30 pm
All these efforts will be made by us and we will provide the gist that can be used directly by student.
- Applications/roles of Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Benefits of AI For Students
- Challenges of AI in Education
- Future of AI in Education
- FACTS RELATED TO REPRESENATION OF WOMEN IN JUDICIARY GLOBALLY
- The constitutional position of women in Judiciary
- Issues in entry of women in judiciary
- Significance of women representation in judiciary
- Types of Intellectual Property Rights(IPR)
- IMPORTANCE OF IPR
- Types of Intellectual Property Rights in India
- ISSUES OF IPR
- GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES RELATED TO IPR IN INDIA
- Categories of the Khelo India Scheme
- Assistance under Khelo India Scheme
- Need for Khelo India Programme
- Achievements of the Khelo India Scheme
- Benefits of Khelo India Scheme
- The vision of the policy
- Status of India’s space sector
- Strategy of the policy
- Details of the ISP 2023
- Recent Developments in India’s Space Sector
- Impact of reforms
- Roles and Responsibilities
- India-led global mass movement
- Phases of the Mission LiFE envisions
- LiFE and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- India’s commitment to Mission LiFE
- India’s experience in implementation of behavioural change programme
- Export Trend
- Defence equipment exported
- Budget earmarked
- New Target
- Future Prospects
- Steps taken by the Government
- Composition of CBI
- Functions of CBI
- CBI Divisions
- CBI Controversies
- Suggestions to reform the CBI
- Closing remarks
- Present Drug Regulatory Framework in India
- What ails the Indian drug regulation?
- Proposals to improve the system
- What is the need of a Common Drug Standard?
- Key Features of the Common Drug Standards
- Significance of Common Drug Standards
- Decoding Fake News
- Impact of Fake News
- Laws regarding fake news in India
- Moving Ahead
- Closing Remarks
- What are the high seas
- Why is the treaty needed
- Which marine species are at risk
- What will the treaty do
- What else is in the treaty
- Significance of the new Treaty
- Changing Dynamics of Terrorism
- The Indian Scenario
- Objectives of Terrorists in India
- Suggested Counter-Terrorism Strategies