NAYA SAVERA SCHEME
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Minister of Minority Affairs Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, gave information on ‘Naya Savera’ scheme in Lok Sabha.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs implemented ‘Naya Savera’ scheme (‘Free Coaching and Allied’ scheme).
- Aim: To assist students/candidates belonging to the six notified minority communities namely Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and Parsi by way of special coaching for qualifying examinations for admission in technical/professional courses and competitive examinations for recruitment to Group Á, ‘B’, & ‘C’ services and other equivalent posts under the Central and State Governments including public sector undertakings, banks and railways.
- The scheme was implemented across the country through empaneled Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs).
- Since inception, minority students/candidates have benefited under Naya Savera Scheme.
- The duration of the coaching period under the scheme was from 3 months to 2 years depending upon the coaching programme allocated to the PIAs. The scheme has been discontinued w.e.f. 2022-23.
MUST READ ARTICLE: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/welfare-schemes-for-minorities
Q. The Government has taken various initiatives for the welfare of Minority Communities. Write a detailed note on these initiatives.