National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated the office of National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee.
- The National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee would act as a project monitoring unit for the implementation of
- PM-Kisan Yojana,
- Kisan Maandhan Yojana,
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund and
- other schemes of the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme
- Under the PM-KISAN scheme launched in 2019 , the government is providing Rs 6,000 in three equal installments to 14 crore farmers annually.
- The amount is directly transferred into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through direct benefit transfer (DBT) mode.
- The scheme defines family as husband, wife and minor children.
- The fund of Rs 2,000 is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the farmers/farmer's family.
Who is eligible for PM Kisan scheme?
- Landholding farmers’ families with cultivable landholding in their names can apply under this scheme
- Farmers from both the urban and rural areas
- Small and marginal farmers families
Who is not eligible for PM Kisan scheme?
- Institutional landholders
- Present or retired officers and employees of state/central government as well as PSUs and government autonomous bodies.
- Beneficiaries with higher economic status are not eligible.
- Those who pay income tax
- Farmer families holding constitutional posts
- Professionals like doctors, engineers and lawyers
- Retired pensioners with a monthly pension of over Rs 10,000
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan DhanYojana (PM-KMY)
- Government launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan DhanYojana (PM-KMY) in 2019 with a view to provide social security to Small and Marginal Farmers in their old age.
- A minimum fixed pension of Rs.3,000/- is provided to the small and marginal farmers, on attaining the age of 60 years.
- It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme.
- The eligible farmer is required to contribute to a Pension Fund between Rs.55 to Rs.200 per month depending on the entry age.
- The Central Government also contributes in equal amount to the Pension Fund.
- Small and Marginal Farmer (SMF) - a farmer who owns cultivable land upto 2 hectare as per land records of the concerned State/UT.
- Age of 18- 40 years
Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- The Agriculture Infrastructure Fund is a medium - long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for post-harvest management infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and credit guarantee.
- The duration of the scheme is from FY2020 to FY2029 (10 years).
- Under the scheme, Rs. 1 Lakh Crore will be provided by banks and financial institutions as loans with interest subvention of 3% per annum and credit guarantee coverage under CGTMSE for loans up to Rs. 2 Crores for a maximum peiod of 7 years.
- Eligible beneficiaries include farmers, FPOs, PACS, Marketing Cooperative Societies, SHGs, Joint Liability Groups (JLG), Multipurpose Cooperative Societies, Agri-entrepreneurs, Start-ups, and Central/State agency or Local Body sponsored Public-Private Partnership Projects.