Kashi Annapurna Temple
12th July, 2021 Culture
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the passing away of Kashi Annapurna Temple Mahant Shri Rameshwar Puri ji.
- It is one of the most famous Hindu temples in the holy city of Varanasi.
- This temple has great religious importance in Hinduism and is dedicated to the goddess Annapurna.
- Annapurna is the Hindu goddess for nourishment and is a form of the goddess Parvati.
- The current Annapurna Mandir was constructed in the 18th century by Maratha Peshwa Bajirao I.
- The temple is constructed in Nagara architecture.