Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP)
6th April, 2021 Health
Context: The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
- The Integrated Health Information Platform is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
- India is the first country in the world to adopt such an advanced disease surveillance system.
- The new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- In addition to tracking 33 diseases now as compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode, having done away with the paper-mode of working.
- This is the world's biggest online disease surveillance platform, that it is in sync with the National Digital Health Mission and fully compatible with the other digital information systems presently being used in India.
- The refined IHIP with automated -data will help in a big way in real time data collection, aggregation & further analysis of data that will aid and enable evidence-based policy making.
- IHIP will provide health information system developed for real time, case-based information, integrated analytics, advanced visualization capability.
- It will provide analyzed reports on mobile or other electronic devices.
- In addition, outbreak investigation activities can be initiated and monitored electronically.
- It can easily be integrated with other ongoing surveillance program, while having the feature of addition of special surveillance modules.
- With IHIP, collection of authentic data will become easy as it comes directly from the village/block level; the last mile from the country.
- Data will be provided in real time through the grassroots healthcare workers through their gadgets (tablets); the doctors at the PHC/CHC/SHD/DH when the citizens seek healthcare; and the diagnostic labs, which will provide data on the tests carried out.
- This refined digital surveillance platform will help to provide and connect data and move towards ‘One Health’ approach.
- This portal is a great resource for timely health response measures to be mounted; not only programming, but also in disease prioritization.