India, Bangladesh must fight terror together: PM
28th March, 2021 International Relations
- Addressing a special gathering on the National Day celebrations that marked the 50th anniversary of the country’s independence, Mr. Modi said the creation of Bangladesh received support from all sections of the Indian political class.
- Contemporary Bangladesh was created with the blood of the freedom fighters, and of the Indian soldiers who were martyred in the War of Liberation of 1971.
Key Points from PM’s Speech:
- The visiting leader also said the two countries should fight jointly against terrorism.
- Bangladesh is sustained by the blood of the freedom fighters of the country as well as of the Indian soldiers. This blood will create such a relation that will not break under any kind of pressure.
- Recollecting the atrocities unleashed by the Pakistani military, Mr. Modi blamed the “Operation Searchlight” of March 25, 1971 for unleashing a reign of terror in the country.