DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES (DARPG)
14th January, 2023 POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
Copyright infringement not intended
- A team of the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) visited Andhra Pradesh to finalize collaboration between the DARPG and the state Government.
- The Secretary of DARPG appreciated the state Government of Andhra Pradesh for the;
- Good Governance Week 2022.
- Comprehensive public grievances redressal system ‘SPANDANA’. Spandana Call Center for general grievances.
- Good performance under the National e-Services Delivery Assessment 2021.
- Adoption of e-Office.
- Implementation of several models of Good Governance.
- Wining PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration.
- Collaboration between DARPG and Andhra Pradesh Government on;
- Capacity building of 5000 Grievance Officers.
- Summoning a Regional Conference on e-Governance.
- Improving Service Delivery and Grievance Redressal system.
- Improving coordination between the State Government and DARPG.
- Formulation of the Good Governance Index and National e-Services Delivery Assessment.
- Formulation of the District Good Governance Index for Andhra Pradesh.
Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG):
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions was set up in 1964.
- It aims to promote excellence in governance and administrative reforms by;
- Suggesting Improvement in government structures and processes.
- Promoting citizen-centric governance with emphasis on grievance redressal.
- Innovations in e-Governance.
- Documentation and dissemination of good practices.
- The main Objectives are;
- Promoting administrative reforms in government policies, structures and processes.
- Formulation of policy and coordination of issues relating to redress of grievances.
- Dissemination of governance knowledge and good practices.
- Promoting reforms through e-Governance.
- The Department works to document and share successful good governance practices by way of audio-visual media and publications.
- The Department also undertakes activities in the field of international exchange and cooperation to promote public service reforms.