DEENDAYAL ANTYODAYA YOJANA - NATIONAL RURAL LIVELIHOOD MISSION
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihood Mission to mobilise 10 million rural women into Self-Help Groups.
- The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) of the Ministry of Rural Development has launched "Sangathan Se Samridhhi- Leaving No Rural Woman Behind."
- It was launched by the Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj.
- It is a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Samaveshi Vikaas campaign.
- To mobilize 10 crore women from eligible rural households till June 30th 2023.
- To bring all disadvantaged and marginalised rural households into the Self-Help Group (SHG) framework so that they can benefit from the program's benefits.
- To mobilise disadvantaged rural communities that are unaware of the benefits of the DAY-NRLM programme.
Campaign strategy to expand SHGs framework
- The campaign will be organised in all states, to form more than 1.1 lakh SHGs through interventions such as;
- Organising General Body Meetings of Village Organisations.
- Sharing of experience by SHG champions to motivate left-out households to join SHGs.
- Conducting Community Resource Person drives.
- Mobilising eligible women from PMAY-G beneficiary households.
- Training new SHG members.
- Reviving defunct SHGs.
- Opening SHG bank accounts.
- Creating a community
Reaching out to the most vulnerable and marginalized sections
- It will focus on reaching out to the most vulnerable and marginalized sections of rural society, such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, minorities, landless, migrant workers, persons with disabilities, etc.
Convergence and Collaboration
- It will promote convergence and collaboration with various schemes and programs of the central and state governments, such as the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G), Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), etc.
- Emphasis on strengthening the capacity building and skill development of the SHG members and their leaders, enabling them to take up various livelihood activities such as agriculture, animal husbandry, non-farm enterprises, etc.
- Support the SHG members to access credit from banks and other financial institutions at affordable rates and terms.
Digital literacy and financial literacy
- Encourage the SHG members to adopt digital literacy and financial literacy, and use various digital platforms and tools for their transactions and information.
- Showcase the achievements and success stories of the SHG movement in India, and inspire more rural women to join the mission.
- Create awareness and sensitization among the stakeholders such as government officials, bankers, NGOs, media, etc. about the role and contribution of SHGs in rural development.
Must Read Articles:
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM): https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/day-nrlm
Self-Help Groups (SHGs): https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/self-help-groups-shgs
Q. Which of the following statements is correct about the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihood Mission's National Campaign “Sangathan se Samriddhi”?
(A) It aims to mobilize 10 crore rural women into self-help groups by March 2025.
(B) It was launched by the Minister of Finance.
(C) It is a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Samaveshi Vikaas.
(D) All of the above.