Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA)
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Central Reserve Police Force has decided to withdraw its elite CoBRA force from Jammu and Kashmir.
COBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action)
- COBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) is a special operation unit of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) of India.
- Originally established to counter the Naxalite movement, CoBRA is deployed to address insurgent groups engaging in asymmetrical warfare.
- They are proficient in guerrilla tactics and jungle warfare.
- CoBRA Battalions are trained to conduct operations against insurgents in all manners of rugged terrain.
- They are trained to adapt themselves in the art of camouflage and jungle warfare with the main focus being on guerilla and jungle warfare.
- All personnel are trained for helicopter-borne insertion and drops.
- The highly efficient personnel are chosen from the CRPF and are conditioned with rigorous physical endurance, and taught the planning and execution of operations, GPS and map reading, gathering of intelligence, and Fast-Roping amongst other activities.
- The highly efficient personnel are trained and specialized in various fields including but not limited to guerrilla warfare, explosive tracking and bomb disposal, field engineering, survival, and jungle warfare.
- CoBRA is considered to be one of the most experienced and successful law enforcement units in the country.
READ ALL ABOUT CRPF:
Q. Consider the following statements:
1.The National Security Guard (NSG) is a counter-terrorism unit that was raised in 1984, following Operation Blue Star.
2.Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) is the special operation unit of the National Security Guard created in 2008 to deal the Naxalite movement in India.
3.The Parliament Duty Group is an elite CRPF unit tasked with providing armed protection to Parliament House.
How many of the above statements are incorrect?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: A) Only 1
Statement 2 is incorrect.